The top 5 reasons why I will be flying to San Diego, USA for the ATD’s International Conference & Expo 2018 along with 10,000 other learning colleagues are:
1. Obama. Need I say more!! The keynote sessions are always unmissable and this year will not disappoint. I’ve seen some great keynoters at the ATD ICE in the past along the likes of Brené Brown, Jim Collins, and Erik Wahl. This year to put the cherry on top Barack Obama will be hitting the stage. I can’t wait to hear his views on learning.
2. Old friends and new friends. I love the network of international learning individuals I am able to connect with each year at the ATD, and the new friends I meet each year and can add to this network. Even in a short interaction with someone you can make meaningful relationships at the ATD. For instance, last year I bumped into someone I had never met before in the corridor looking for a session and we hit it off immediately and have had a number of phone calls since!
3. It’s good for business. Without a doubt. The ATD conference is full of learning and new ideas. I find it crucial to get away, reflect, and think strategically in such a rich learning environment. And of course – you can’t beat the networking!
4. The Expo. It’s always great to see what others are doing and explore the cutting edge new ideas in the learning world each year.
5. San Diego. I’ve never been to San Diego as yet so I can’t wait to explore! I’ve heard it’s a great city – open to any recommendations!
So bring on 2018 – I can’t wait to get to the ATD ICE.
Are you based in Australia or New Zealand and thinking about heading to ATD 2018?
Jacqueline Evans from Lion and I will be leading the ANZ Delegation at ATD 2018. We’re running a webinar next week to share everything you need to know about joining the delegation.
REGISTER HERE to join the webinar and find out what you can expect from ATD 2018 AND from the ANZ delegation – including reduced registration rates, regional networking opportunities and access to other delegation-only resources.